ELECTRIC TRANSMISSION SERVICES
As population trends change and energy generation options evolve, we are helping utilities meet their customers’ energy needs with a complete suite of transmission engineering, construction and system planning services.
Pike’s transmission group works on projects ranging from maintenance work on a single structure to multiyear, 100+-mile EPC projects. We excel on 69 kV to 345 kV projects, and provide services ranging from barehand work to project management (and everything in between) in multiple states.
Our Construction & Maintenance solutions include:
- Installation of new overhead transmission lines up to 345 kV.
- Reconductoring and rebuilds up to 345 kV.
- Structure replacements, including steel and concrete poles and lattice towers.
- Energized construction and maintenance, including hot-stick and barehand techniques.
- Wire-stringing, including bundle conductor.
- Foundation and vibratory caisson installation.
- Trench work.
Our System Planning services include:
- Generation interconnection.
- NERC reliability studies.
- Infrastructure/reliability expansion planning.
- Reactive compensation studies.
- Dynamic line ratings—ThermalRate System.
- Power quality harmonic and power factor studies.
- Short circuit calculations.
- Phase loading and volt drop calculations.
- Relay settings/coordination.
We also partner with the Pike Engineering Division to provide additional services such as:
- Overhead and underground transmission system design and engineering.
- Transmission line routing studies and recommendations.
- Line inspection services and condition assessment.
- Design and analysis of structures and foundation.
- Construction bid preparation.
- Material bid and requisition.
- Permitting services.
- Environmental reviews.
- Compliance with utility specifications, NESC guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Pole attachment agreements.